Thanks for another great event!
THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES
You must be 21 years old.
You must have a designated driver.
INFO AND FAQs
WHAT'S A BEER MILE?
A super fun event where each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps.
It looks like this.. Beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap - Finish!
THE WORLD RECORD BEER MILE IS 4 MINUTES AND 33 SECONDS! Here's the video!
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Times are subject to change based on participation
Check In: 6pm-7pm
Competitive race: 7:10pm
Open race: 7:35pm
Relay race: 8:00pm
Depending on participation, we may have heats in the open and relay events. In this case, you'll be assigned a heat at check-in.
YOU MUST HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER TO RACE.
Your driver must be with you at race check-in.
No driver, no race participation wrist band.
The cost to participate is $10 per runner.
The run will be on a 400m grass loop.
6090 Kyle Ln. Huntington, WV 25702
Located off of Rt. 2 in Huntington next to the Robert Newlon Airport
15 minutes from downtown Huntington
45 minutes from downtown Charleston
The Fly-In Cafe will also be hosting the after party!
Technical beer mile rules require a 5% ABV or higher beer.
If you want to be legit, abide by that.
We only care if you are in the competitive race.
Notes on the competitive race:
Sometimes people take this stuff very seriously. If you want to compete and you can run a mile faster than 8 minutes (without beer), the competitive race may be for you.
Notes on the relay race:
Relay teams can be between 2 and 4 runners. Whatever the breakdown, the team will drink 4 beers and 4 laps. Think of a fun team nickname! Uniforms / costumes encouraged!
This course and event is very spectator friendly and will be quite fun to watch. There are a few picnic tables, but we suggest bringing your own folding chairs to enjoy the festivities.
You can register at Robert's Running in Huntington or
Charleston or on race day.
Early registration is encouraged.
Registration cost is a $10 donation.
Cash or check only. We cannot accept cards for payment.
HUMONGOUS THANK YOU
TO THE FLY-IN CAFE
FOR HOSTING THE
WEST VIRGINIA BEER MILE.
We couldn't do this without them.
Please, show your appreciation by grabbing some grub and drinks before or after the events.
OFFICIAL BEER MILE RULES
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps, (start - beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap - finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.
3. Women also drink four beers in four laps.
4. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 12oz. Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 12 oz in volume.
5. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie "super mega mouth cans" or "wide mouth bottles" are prohibited.
6. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles - no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
7. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops. For an abbreviated list of valid beers and exceptions, click here.
8. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
9. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
Open or Relay Race has same rules as above except:
-No minimum ABV%
-Any type of bottle or can can be used